|Safety-wise, meeting on the Net is inherently similar to meeting offline. As long as the same standard dating precautions are followed, cyber-savvy daters can feel truly at ease while getting to know each other. The main thing to remember: trust your instincts and use common sense just like you would offline.|
|You can rest assured that you're in the
right place because JDate.co.uk has been in the online personals
business since the early days of the Internet and goes to extra lengths
to ensure that its sites stay clean and safe. We do our best to monitor
and block emails of anyone who uses profanity, hustles or is not serious
about finding a relationship. We also keep all contacts between members
onsite so your email address remains confidential.
|Before you get started, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind.|
|Helpful Hints for Meeting Online
- Remember that you are in control of your online experience at all times. You can remain completely anonymous until you feel ready.
- You are also in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline. Plus, you have an advantage online because you can get to know each other before you meet. Remember that you don't need to take anything further than the computer or phone wires until you feel completely at ease. Go at your own pace!
- When you do decide to meet face to face, pick a public place and provide your own transportation to and fro. Tell a friend where you're going and check in when you return home.
- Never include your personal contact information in your profile, especially telephone numbers, email, home address or your last name, and only give them out when your instincts tell you this is someone you can trust. It's okay to take your time.
- Set up an email account just for online dating.
- Ask a lot of questions and watch for inconsistencies.
- Stay away from members who won't take no for an answer or pressure
you for any kind of personal information. Other singles will respect
your space and allow you to take your time.
- Even with our strong effort to ensure the quality of our sites, we cannot guarantee perfection in the system. To deal with this, we have a customer care staff hotline, and we ask members to call toll free if they see anything strange so that we can research it.
- If someone asks you to go to their personal web site or asks you for money, use common sense not to oblige and then report the situation to us.
- If someone gives you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.
- Using your own good judgment is your best bet because ultimately
you are responsible for your own experience. Trust your instincts
and then have fun with the right people!