Glam it Up…Top 5 Makeup Tips for 1st Date Success
First dates can be nerve wrecking for the best of us but one of the ways to get excited for the big day is to add a bit of glam. Not only will you get that one step closer to making a great first impression, you’ll also get a boost of confidence that you’ll likely need.
After you’ve got your outfit together and done your hair, the next step for all of us Jewish women is adding a bit of makeup to the mix. It’s important for us to be ourselves but it never hurt to put your best face forward.
Here are JDate.co.uk’s top 5 tips for adding makeup to your first date –
1) Be natural – dating, love and the rest of it is all about making a good impression but also showing the true you. Makeup trends change all of the time but one thing that never goes out of style is keeping it natural. Most men will tell you that dating a woman with too much makeup is a turnoff. When you apply your makeup, try to use natural hues and tones in order to accentuate your natural beauty. This way you’ll show your Jewish man what you’re really made of.
2) Blush away – adding a dab of blush to your cheekbones is a great way to add a bit of colour and glow to your face. When most of us Jewish women think of blush, we probably get visions of the 1980s bold style. However, just adding a bit of bronzer or a light pink blush will bring some more colour and definition to your cheeks. Trust, me, try it out, it’ll do the trick.
3) Go Monochromatic – if you want to get a bit inventive for your Jewish dates, try applying the same shade but pick one section of your face to apply a deeper tone. Selecting the eyes is always a good idea. Adding different tones and textures in this area will add definition and really catch the eye (no pun intended) of that special Jewish man. Remember though – don’t go overboard – stay with neutrals and keep it as natural as you can.
4) Add a bit of shimmer – when applying your eye makeup, add a bit of shimmer to the inner corner of your eyes. To impress your Jewish date, do what the models do – apply a touch of a shimmery metallic shadow to the inner corners of the eyes. This will make them sparkle like you never thought they could. Beauty experts suggest that silver looks best on cooler skin tones and bronze works better for darker skin tones. Whatever way you do it, adding a bit of shimmer should add a twinkle in your date’s eyes.
5) Create kissable lips – last but definitely not least are the lips. Whether or not you end off your first date with a kiss, the importance of your lips should not be ignored. The lips central location on the face makes them an important area of focus for makeup application. They are also a perfect way to make a statement on your first Jewish date. Want to show your sweet side? Use pastel and natural tones. Or do you want to be bold? Go for red or hot pink – that will leave a statement he’ll never forget.
Never underestimate the importance of makeup to first date success. Even if you’re running late for your Jewish date, just add a bit of bronzer, lippy and you’ll be good to go! Girls are allowed to be fashionably late, right? But, of course!